The Shadow-Caster multi-zone lighting controller comes standard on the 2021 Relax and Fish Series with the deluxe package. This feature provides easy lighting control functionality including RGBW, zone control, multiple fade mode changes, brightness in each zone, and music sync. The RGB LTS toggle switch is located on the right side of the dash.
- ON – Press RGB LTS to power on the RGB lights. The lights will slowly ramp up to full bright white.
- COLOR SCROLL – A quick press and release on the RGB LTS will start color scroll. A subsequent quick press and release will stop on the current color.
- BRIGHTNESS CONTROL – Press and hold RGB LTS and the lights will step down in brightness. Release the button when the desired brightness is achieved. Press and hold again to increase brightness.
- INCREMENTAL COLOR STEP – Clicking RGB LTS repeatedly will step between discrete colors.
- OFF – Press RGB LTS to power on the RGB lights.
Please note that by law, you are required to display appropriate navigational lights at night or during times of reduced visibility. No other lights can be displayed at this time, nor any that impair the visibility or distinctive character of navigation lights, or interfere with the keeping of a proper lookout. Please check with your local authority on whether or not your underdeck or underwater lighting can be used at these times. Refer to the separate video on navigational lights for more information.
Our Shadow-Caster In-Dash Lighting Controller (VP & Vertex Series) video is coming soon. In the meantime, please see the instructions below.
The Shadow-Caster in-dash multi-zone lighting controller comes standard on VP and Vertex Series. This feature provides easy lighting control functionality including RGBW, zone control, multiple fade mode changes, brightness in each zone, and music sync. The Shadow-Caster remote keypad is located on the right side of the dash.
Press the ALL button to power on the remote keypad.
Press the OFF button for two seconds to turn the remote keypad off.
If the remote keypad gets powered off and you would like to restore the setting you previously applied, just press the ALL button twice.
To make adjustments to a specific zone, press the zone number, then press the desired adjustments. To apply to all zones, click the ALL button instead of a zone number.
Zone 1 controls the under-deck lights.
Zone 2 controls the underwater lights.
Zone 3 controls the mode lights inside the pontoon.
Zone 4 controls the speaker lights.
To turn zones off, select the desired zone or zones and press OFF.
To adjust the brightness of the lights, select the desired zone or zones and use the up and down arrow buttons. Press the up arrow button to increase the brightness of the lights or press the down arrow button to decrease the brightness of the lights.
The color index cycle on the Shadow-Caster starts with various shades of white, then transitions to reds, oranges, yellows, greens, blues, and purples.
To change the color of the lights, select the desired zone or zones and press one of the four-color buttons (white, red, green or blue) in the center of the keypad or press the left arrow to change to the previous color or right arrow to show the next color.
An example, if you press the ALL button then the red, it will turn all zones red.
If you were to press zones 1 and 3 and the blue, it would turn zones 1 and 3 blue.
To change modes, press the MODE button in the lower right to cycle through the four available lighting effects:
Mode 1 is a single color fade, which will fade the selected color off and on.
Mode 2 is a multi-color fade, which fades up and down and cycles between colors depending on the selected color sequence. This can be blue and white, or red, green, blue, and white OR all colors.
Mode 3 is a multi-color change, which is the same color sequence as a multi-color fade but maintains the brightness on a color before fading to the next color.
Mode 4 is strobe/flash, which flashes a specified color at a specified rate. To adjust the color of a mode, use the left or right arrow buttons. To adjust the rate, press and hold the MODE button and use either of the left or right arrow buttons at the same time.
The Shadow-Caster in-dash multi-zone lighting controller offers music sync as well. To use this feature, select the desired zone or zones and press the SYNC button to activate music sync. There are three different music sync modes:
Music sync mode 1 is Full-Color Frequency, which uses different frequency ranges from the music to drive the intensity of different colors.
Music sync mode 2 is a single color amplitude, in which the brightness of the light is driven by different intensities of the music. Use the left and right arrows to select a single color.
Music sync mode 3 is multi-color amplitude and is like the single color amplitude, but colors are rotating continuously.
To adjust the backlights of the controller, press and hold the ALL button and use either the up or down arrow buttons until the desired brightness is achieved.
Once everything is configured as you wish, press the OFF button to save your settings.
Please note that by law, you are required to display appropriate navigational lights at night or during times of reduced visibility. No other lights can be displayed at this time, nor any that impair the visibility or distinctive character of navigation lights, or interfere with the keeping of a proper lookout. Please check with your local authority on whether or not your under deck or underwater lighting can be used at these times.
Refer to the separate video on navigational lights for more information.
For additional information please reach out to your nearest authorized Veranda dealer or visit Shadow-Caster.
The diagrams on this page will acquaint you with the major components found above, below, beside, and all-around the exterior of your Veranda Luxury Pontoon.
Starboard Side View
Port Side View
Bow Deck & Log Construction View
Stern Deck & Log Construction View
Our Jensen Audio System (Vista View Series) video is coming soon. In the meantime please see our step-by-step instructions below.
The JMS32 Jensen audio system comes standard on all older Veranda Luxury Pontoons Vista View Series. This video will educate you on the interface and how to use it.
Located to the left of the steering wheel, this waterproof 160-watt stereo features 4-channel amplified audio output, Bluetooth streaming audio, press-and-hold quick pairing Bluetooth button, digital AM/FM tuner with 24 station presets (12 FM, 12 AM), weather band tuner, daylight-readable LCD display and LED backlit buttons, Plus, the unit is corrosion and UV resistant.
- Press to turn the unit on.
- Press and hold to enter standby mode.
- Press to decrease the volume level.
- Press and hold to change the volume level continuously.
- Press to increase the volume level.
- Press and hold to change the volume level continuously.
- Press the button to select Repeat All, Repeat One, or Random Shuffle.
- Press and hold to select available preset channels.
- Press the button to access the audio menu.
- Press the button repeatedly to adjust the following audio menu settings: Bass, Treble, Balance, Fader, and Loud. Use the previous and next buttons to choose a value for each setting.
- Press and hold to access the system menu. Press the Menu button once again to adjust the following system menu settings: BT Device, BT Pair, Dimmer On/Off, Dimmer Level (0-8), Region (USA/EURO), Preset Volume and Reset. Use the previous and next buttons to choose a value for each setting.
- Press the previous or next button to fine-tune the radio frequency when in Radio mode.
- Press and hold the previous or next button to seek strong radio frequencies.
- Press the previous or next button to select the previous or next track when in Bluetooth Audio mode.
- Press to silence the audio output in tuner or Aux mode. Press again to restore the previous volume level.
- Press to pause the Bluetooth audio playback. Press again to resume playback.
- Press and hold the Menu button to enter menu adjustment mode. The following additional menu options are available when the unit is in Bluetooth mode:
- BT PAIR: on the BT PAIR screen press the Play/Pause button to make pairing available for 120 seconds then connect using your Bluetooth-enabled device.
- BT DEVICE: the BT DEVICE screen allows you to connect, disconnect, lock, unlock or delete a device.
- To pair a device, first, you will need to make sure the device you intend to pair is on and ready to receive a signal from JMS32. Next, press the Bluetooth button on the unit to enter Bluetooth mode. Press and hold the Menu button and press repeatedly until the unit display PAIR, then press the Play/Pause button. The unit will display PAIR and count down from 120 to 0. Now search for available Bluetooth devices, select JMS32, and once connected the Bluetooth Audio icon will appear on the display. Enter pairing password 0000 if requested.
The video for Aluminum Verses Wood is coming soon. In the meantime, please see the script below.
Since the beginning, Veranda Luxury Pontoons has passionately believed that the best way to manufacture pontoon decking is with aluminum, not plywood. With welds and not rivets or screws. Our goal is to offer you a lifetime of enjoyment that allows you to make memories every time you head out on the water.
At the time of purchase, all of our competitor’s plywood decks are void of moisture, rot, or mold. However, over time, exposure to the sun’s UV rays, weather, and moisture deteriorate this substrate and it absorbs countless gallons of water, begins the rotting process, separates, and begins to mold. Another disadvantage is that the plywood surface offers a weak mounting surface. More bolts through the plywood decking create more access for moisture. Protruding cross members between the decking and logs increase drag. Finally, exposed, or open, M-brackets, which connect the top of the pontoon logs to the cross members allow water to enter, create drag and hinder performance. The rotting deck decreases stability over time and increases the probability of mold, noise, and unnecessary stress. This cycle of deterioration forces the owner to either invest more money into the same pontoon to re-deck it or sell it and purchase a newer vessel.
Compared to our competitor’s “predetermined obsolescence” use of wood, Veranda’s no-wood “Lifetime of Enjoyment” construction featuring our Patented All-Aluminum All-Welded Interlocking Deck System clearly illustrates that Veranda Luxury Pontoons is the best choice!
If you squat down while standing at the bow, or front, and take a look under your Veranda, you’ll notice the underside of our patented all-aluminum, all-welded interlocking deck system, visible between each of the logs. This smooth surface that we call the patented integrated wave shield, reduces water drag and eliminates all surging which can result from exposed cross members, providing a smoother ride. Veranda’s decks are engineered and constructed with extruded all-aluminum 2×6 planks, which interlock together to form a tightly held solid block of aluminum substrate. The trim around the edge of our patented All-Aluminum All-Welded Interlocking Deck System prevents you from seeing this on your pontoon, but as you can see from this video, it’s a masterpiece! Another benefit of the extruded all-aluminum 2×6 planks is that they allow for the movement of air, which works to cool our interlocking deck system. In fact, we compared deck temperatures between one of our Veranda Luxury Pontoons and a competitor’s deck with similar colored vinyl flooring. The results may startle you…temperatures on our deck were over 15° cooler than our competitor’s decks. Which would you rather walk barefoot across?
Moving down from the decking, you’ll notice that each pontoon log has full-length, enclosed M-brackets welded onto them that join the decking to the pontoon logs. Sometimes referred to as saddle brackets, these provide a stable foundation for the deck to rest upon and are capped and welded over to provide superior support and strength, eliminating stress caused by today’s large outboard motors.
The pontoon logs and nose cones themselves are fabricated at the plant from single 7’ or 9’ aluminum sheets that are 0.100 or 0.125 gauge thick and come in 25” and 27” diameter logs.
Baffles, the round caps that fit inside the logs, are tack welded in place and used to connect each section into one single 20, 22, or 25’ log.
The VLP performance motor pods, which include the fuel tank and attach the motor to the pontoon boat, are welded to the back of the middle log. Each log is pressure tested to ensure proper buoyancy.
Keels are welded onto the logs, starting on the bottom of the nose cone, and run the entire length of each pontoon. Optional side keels are attached to the outside and inside of each log midway up to provide additional performance and stability. If you look further down the log under the deck, you will see lifting strakes, which are located along the inside bottom edge of the logs and provide lift for the pontoon.
Our Replacing a Fuel Water Separator Filter video is coming soon. In the meantime, please contact your nearest authorized dealer for assistance.